Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Blue Puppy






It is known that Disney inspired all world animation including Soviet of course. Some decades the Disney manner, technic and styles ruled in Soviet Union. But in sixtieth years all has changed. The variety of new styles and directions was created by talented Russian artists. Some were very interesting and original. Today I want to show one such example. There are stills from THE BLUE PUPPY (1976) cartoon. I'm not sure that this cartoon was released outside Russia. But who knows?
Original title - Голубой щенок
Director - Efim Gamburg
Production Designer - Daniil Mendelevich

6 Comments:

Blogger virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

Oh Thanks for the information :) this blog is reallly beautiful too :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger hans bacher said...

the stills look beautyful, remind me
a lot of some of the HUBLEY shorts.
I have never seen it released here
in the west. maybe you can arrange
a showing in festivals, like annecy.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Uli Meyer said...

I came across your blog via Hans Bacher's blog. Thank you for posting these wonderful images. There is so little information about Russian animation available, so this site is a great opportunity to see some of the amazing work of Russian animators. I linked you on my blog and hope you will get lots of visitors from around the globe.
Keep blogging.

Uli Meyer

7:00 PM  
Blogger Uli Meyer said...

I posted a link earlier and Idon't know why it does not show! Anyway, you guys rock!
Will say more on my blog once iknow this gets somewhere. This blog is the bee's knees, as we say in England.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are awesome artworks!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Jim Mitchell said...

These are wonderful! It has been a long time since i have seen animation work from Russia, I would love to see more .

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home